In order to provide you with the full range of WWM services, we sometimes need to collect information about you.
- what information WWM may collect about you;
- how WWM will use information we collect about you;
- when WWM may use your details to contact you;
- whether WWM will disclose your details to anyone else;
- your choices regarding the personal information you provide to us;
WWM websites contain hyperlinks to websites owned and operated by third parties. These third party websites have their own privacy policies. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for the privacy practices of such third party websites and your use of such websites is at your own risk.
What information will WWM collect about me?
When you participate in, access or sign up to any of WWM’s services, activities or online content, such as newsletters, message boards, telephone or text WWM, donate money or create an account using WWM’s online registration system we may receive personal information about you. This can consist of information such as your name, email address, postal address, telephone or mobile number, depending on the activity.
By submitting your details, you enable WWM to provide you with the services, or online content you select.
How will WWM use the information they collect about me?
WWM will use your personal information for a number of purposes including the following:
- to provide our services, activities or online content and to deal with your requests and enquiries;
- for “service administration purposes”, which means that WWM may contact you for reasons related to the service, activity or online content you have signed up for, as set out in (e.g. to provide you with password reminders or to notify you that a particular service, activity or online content has been suspended for maintenance);
- to contact you about a submission you have made, including any content you provide.
- to provide you with information about our services, activities or online content;
- to analyse and improve the services offered on WWM websites. To provide you with the most user-friendly navigation experience.
When will WWM contact me?
WWM may contact you:
- in relation to any service, activity or online content you have signed up for in order to ensure that WWM can deliver the services to you;
- where you have opted to receive further correspondence;
- in relation to any contribution you have submitted to WWM
- to invite you to participate in surveys about WWM services (participation is always voluntary); and
- for marketing purposes where you have specifically agreed to this
Will I be contacted for marketing purposes?
WWM won’t contact you for marketing purposes, or promote new services, activities or online content to you unless you specifically agree to be contacted for these purposes.
Will WWM share my personal information with anyone else?
We will keep your information confidential except where disclosure is required or permitted by law.
Offensive or inappropriate content on WWM website
If you post or send offensive, inappropriate or objectionable content anywhere on or to WWM websites or otherwise engage in any disruptive behaviour on any WWM service, WWM may use your personal information to stop such behaviour.
Where WWM reasonably believes that you are or may be in breach of any of the laws of England and Wales (or the law of Scotland if you live there) (e.g. because content you have posted may be defamatory), WWM may use your personal information to inform relevant third parties such as your employer, school email/internet provider or law enforcement agencies about the content and your behaviour.
What if I am a user aged 16 or under?
If you are aged 16 or under, please get your parent/guardian’s permission before you provide any personal information to WWM. Users without this consent are not allowed to provide us with personal information.
How long will WWM keep my personal information?
We will hold your personal information on our systems for as long as is necessary for the relevant activity. If you cancel your registration as a WWM website member, your account is deleted and you will not be contacted.